Today your advisors of vegetarian diet present you:
One of the easiest vegetarian recipes: Chickpea flatbread
Let’s learn how to cook a typical ligurian plate, one of the easiest vegetarian recipes: Chickpea flatbread
Preparation time: 20 minutes and 4 hours resting
Cooking time: 30 minute
Ingredients (serves 4)
500 g chickpea flour
1.5 lt. water
3 tsp olive oil
All the ingredients are allowed in a vegetarian diet.
1) Dump the chickpea flour into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
2) Stir in the water until smooth.
3) Cover the bowl and allow it to rest at room temperature for 4 hours or longer.
4) Whisk in the olive oil until it forms a smooth batter.
5) Pour the batter in a pre oiled baking tray, stirring if necessary.
6) The thickness of the batter in the tray should be approximately 6/7 mm.
7) Pre heat the oven to 220° C and cook the chickpea flatbread for 30 minutes or until its edges turn crisp.
8) Once cooked, sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
9) Chopped rosemary can be added as well.
10) Cut the flatbread still warm into squares to serve.
Further information on:
the world’s largest collection of vegetarian recipes! Here you’ll find thousands of the best vegetarian and vegan recipes from features and popular departments in the magazine, each one prepared, tasted, and approved by editors in the VT test kitchen. Search for a specific ingredient above or browse below to spark your creativity in the kitchen and get your mouth watering. Want more free vegetarian recipes in your in box every week? Sign up for our popular vegetarian recipe newsletters at right. You can also create your own My VT Recipe Box to save and organize your favorite vegetarian recipes, print shopping lists, and more!
The team of vegetarian diet invites you to the next article to find out the benefits of the vegetarian diet recipes.
Subscribe the newsletter of Mediterranean Diet recipes, send us your articles and suggestions and your own daily Mediterranean Diet recipes