Torta Russa (Russian cake)
- 250g puff pastry
- 150 gr of macaroons
- 150 grams of peeled almonds
- 150 grams of sugar
- 150 grams of flour
- 150 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 shot of liqueur amaretto di saronno
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
Instructions for a typical easy recipe from Verona
- Roll out the puff pastry and covered a baking tin (before buttered and floured, so that the edges comes out from the pan). Put it in the refrigerator while preparing other ingredients.
- Coarsely grind the almonds and finely the macaroons (amaretti). Separate the egg whites from the yolks and whipped whites with a pinch of salt and 50 grams of sugar. In a bowl mix the butter softened with the remaining sugar (100 g), then add the egg yolks and work until frothy. Subsequently add the liqueur, almonds and macaroons (amaretti).
- Finally incorporated, alternately, the flour mixed with baking powder and sifted and egg whites, working gently in order to obtain a homogeneous mass.
- Now pour the filling into the pastry, spreading it evenly and folding the edges of the dough inward.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Serve the cake Russian Verona sprinkled with powdered sugar
Where you can buy a typical Torta Russa: by Pasticceria Flego in Verona
The team of Mediterranean Diet invites you to the next article to find out the benefits of the Mediterranean diet recipes.
Subscribe the newsletter of Mediterranean Diet recipes, send us your articles and suggestions and your own daily Mediterranean Diet recipes